Chinese white jade of: carved cylinder set with gold caps and diamonds, carved ring and beads; white and white-gold South Sea pearls (1 one set with small diamonds in the gold cap) silver Tahitian pearls, citrine, gold-rutilated quartz, one opal rondelle, quartz in various shapes, gold and agate beads, tiny citrines in an organic, elegant and unique design wired and set with 18 carat yellow gold.
This necklace was inspired by Jane’s memories of fishing trips to the Great Barrier Reef, Australia and a lagoon called Yellow Patch on Curtis Island (a massive yellow-orange sand-dune).
Gold South Sea pearls capture the polished yet untouched beauty of it all and the ferocity of a powerful electrical storm and its sudden onslaught as it approached the island.
Each Jane Magon piece is hand crafted and unique.
Item code: J, P & G, 24 (d)Price on Application
My husband and I went on many fishing trips to the reefs off the central coast of Queensland, Australia.
In 2005, we took his high-powered off-shore fishing boat up to the northern end of Curtis Island to fish and put our mud crab pots into the mouth of the lagoon at a site called Yellow Patch, named after a massive sand dune that rises from it’s banks.
The lagoon mouth opens into the expanse of the Pacific Ocean. It was a terribly hot day and the air was heavy and still. Although we had intended to stay the night, my husband who, in his youth, had been a navy diver and a helmsman, suddenly made the immediate decision to return to the house at South End.
A powerful electrical storm was building. We had to leave immediately to beat the rough seas home and reduce our night travel as much as possible. We pulled anchor and headed for the lagoon mouth in fading light …
A unique story inspired a unique piece. The story’s conclusion in included with this piece.
- 1 x carved cylinder with 2 x 18 carat yellow gold caps (19mm diameter)
- Set with 18 diamonds in total
- 1 x 13.65 mm pierced, carved round jade beads
- 3 x (9mm) plain jade beads
- 1 x (25 mm) carved twist white jade donut
- 1 x small jade (7.70mm) bead
- 1 x (20mm x 16mm) set with gold & 7 diamonds
- 1 x (19 x 17 mm) South Sea Pearls
- 6 x (approx. 11 mm), South Sea Pearls,
- 1 silver (10.94 mm) Tahitian pearl
- 1 x (10.24 mm & 1 x 10.22 mm) round white South Sea pearls
- 2 x med. Baroque Freshwater pearls (13.67 mm)
- 1 x lg. Baroque Freshwater pearl (22.68 mm)
- 2 x silver South Sea pearls
- 1 white pearl 5.14 mm
- 2 x 10.40 mm – 10.82 mm faceted citrine beads
- 1 x 7.79 mm, 1 x 5.93 mm, 8 x small faceted 2.82 mm
- 2 small tumbles
- gold Rutilated Quartz 6 x 10.40mm
- 3 x 24, 1 x 14.50, 1 x 16.74 mm, large Quartz melons
- 1 x faceted bead 13.80 mm
- 1 x uncut Quartz chunk 25.06 x 23.54 mm
- 1 x 8.14 mm opal rondelle, 3 x 10.50 mm
- white agate beads
- 18 carat yellow gold wire: 77mm & .27 mm
- 2 x 2.65, 2 x 6.78mm pure gold beads 4 x medium & 2 x smaller
- 4 x pure gold 4mm beads
- 2 x 4.26 mm, 1 x 4.45 mm decorative 18 carat gold
- 1 x 10mm 9 carat yellow gold rondelle
- 2 x pure gold beads 8mm
- 9 carat Rondelle
- 1 x 18 carat yellow gold shepherd’s hook clasp
- NECKLACE LENGTH: 102 cm or 40 inches